1. How long in advance do I need
to book my auto transport?

We recommend that you book your car shipping transport at least two weeks in advance. Some brokers and carriers we work with can accommodate shorter notices.

2. How should I prepare
my vehicle for auto transport?

Add antifreeze to your engine if you are traveling to a cold climate. Secure any loose items such as antennas. Disconnect auto alarms and anti-theft systems. Remove any car covers, as they are not allowed.

3. Can I pack my belongings in my car?

The Department of Transportation ruled in 1998 that you are prohibited from loading any items in your car for transport. Any items left in the vehicle that are shipped are strictly at the owner’s risk. Carriers will not inventory any belongings left in the vehicle and will assume no responsibility. Also, items packed in the vehicle add weight and may cause damage to the exhaust system and/or suspension of the vehicle.

4. How much gasoline do I leave in the tank?

As little as possible. There should be no more than the reserve left in the tank at the time of shipping.

5. What if my vehicle is inoperable,
can it still be transported?

As little as possible. There should be no more than the reserve left in the tank at the time of shipping.

6. What documentation is needed
in order to ship my vehicle?

The original title is required to ship your vehicle internationally. If your car carries a lien, you are required to get an official letter of release from the lien holder. Some lien holders do not allow for their vehicles they hold title to be shipped internationally, so make sure to contact yours before you make any further reservations. You will also need a photo copy of your driver’s license and sometimes a bill of sale is also required.

7. How will my car be shipped?

You have several options for shipping your car overseas. One is Roll On Roll Off (RORO). This is the least expensive, but it requires the most effort on your part. You are required to drive the vehicle to the shipping port and pick the car up on arrival. Container shipping is more secure and can be managed by us or any other shipping logistics company. We provide secure shipping, storing, and delivery of your vehicle.

8. How long will it take my vehicle to be shipped?

On average it will take three to fourteen days for your auto to reach its destination. Factors such as distance between pick up and delivery, weather and traffic will all affect the total length of time.

9. Is my car insured while in transit overseas?

Shipping companies are required to carry insurance, but by law are not liable for more than $500 per vehicle. We strongly recommend that you purchase your own insurance policy for transportation internationally. There are two types of shipping insurance you will want to consider. (1) Total Loss covers your vehicle in the event of theft, fire, or accident on the boat and during transit, but does not cover damage to the vehicle. (2) Full Coverage covers full value of your vehicle which includes protection for any damage incurred during shipping.

10. Do I pay import duties and taxes?

You may be subject to import duties, taxes, doc fees, and off loading fees depending on the country and port you are shipping to. Each and every country has different laws so we urge you to contact the embassy of the country concerned to clarify matters. We will be available to advise you on some countries.

11. What is required to clear my container
at the destination port?

Passport, Immigrant Certificate, Detailed packing list with value of contents. There may be other items required to pick up your vehicle depending on the country you are shipping to. Contact the embassy of the country shipping to for more details.

12. Do I need to be present when my container
is delivered?

This depends on the type of shipping you choose. If you are shipping your car by RORO (Roll On / Roll Off), yes. If you cannot be there personally, be sure to authorize an adult to be your representative to accept delivery. Inform the destination agent of your chosen representative’s name. Your representative will be asked to note any change in the condition of your goods noted on the inventory at time of loading. The only way you will not have to be at the port to pick up your vehicle is if you have chosen to work with a customs clearance broker.

13. Do I need a driving license
in a foreign country?

You should get an International Driver’s License from the AAA Automobile Association in your area, however your American Driver’s License will suffice in Europe. You can drive on your American Plates in a foreign country until they expire, which you will then be required to renew your plates in the country of residence.

Is there are still some questions left, please contact us via email
912-385-0955 or Whatsapp Skype Telegram Viber